Shildon AFC vs Bishop Auckland

September 26, 2015
Score: 3 - 2

Match Report

Shildon AFC Go 7 Points Clear after Derby Day Revenge

Shildon AFC gained revenge of their F. A. Cup defeat to Bishop Auckland after a 3 – 2 victory at Dean Street on Saturday 26th September 2015.

The Railwaymen were cruising at 3 – 0 up with just 15 minutes remaining but conceded two late goals and were pleased to hear the final whistle.

Shildon are now 7 points clear at the top of the league, but have played more games than the chasing pack.

From the kick off it was all Shildon, taking the lead on 18 minutes with a powerful header from Paul Connor. For Bishop’s David Palmer nearly levelled and Shildon’s Gary Brown made a great block tackle from Ian Ward.

Half Time:  Shildon AFC  1  Bishop Auckland  0

Just after the hour it was 2 – 0 when Lewis Wing scored from a free kick. After more pressure the home side went 3 – 0 up on 75 minutes after a Ben Wood cross was put through his own goal by Jordan Lavery.

It looked like game over for Bishops but alas just 2 minutes later David Palmer was fouled in the box by Gary Brown and Kyle Davis scored from the spot kick for 3 – 1.

With just 4 minutes remaining Palmer was once again brought down in the area, this time by Lewis Wing for Bishops second penalty. once again Kyle Davis stepped up but Shildon’s keeper Lewis Graham saved the spot kick.

Bishop were on the attack and just one minute after the penalty they scored again when Arjun Purewal fired through a crowd of players for 3 – 2.

In the end Shildon were relieved to hear the final whistle.

Final Score:  Shildon AFC  3  Bishop Auckland 2

Goalscorers:  Connor 18, Wing 63, Davis (O.G.) 75.

Bookings:  (Y)  Brown 13, Moore 89.

Subs:  Davis for Harwood 55, wing for Hudson 55, Rae for Connor 66.

Man-of-the-Match: Marc Ellison

Shildon didn’t play well today, but if you don’t play well and still win, then it is a bonus.



Billy Greulich-Smith
vs Goal
Daniel MooreYellow Card
vs Yellow Card


vs Sub
vs GoalSub
vs Sub