As you will be aware smoking in enclosed public places and workplaces has been illegal in England, Wales and Northern Ireland since 2007 and in Scotland since 2006. Shildon AFC has now taken the decision to extend this smoking ban to a number of outdoor areas of the ground at Dean Street. This will also include the use of e-cigarettes/vaping devices. This will be effective from today.
There are a number of reasons we have taken this decision including:
– The protection of fans, players, staff and guests from the health hazards of second-hand smoke.
– To minimise the potential fire hazards presented by lit tobacco use.
– To minimise the amount of tobacco-related litter.
– and to respect the right to good health and breathe clean air for all people in the ground.
The Club hope this will result in a safer and more comfortable environment for everybody attending the ground.
We have therefore identified a number of designated non-smoking areas around the ground, these will be clearly signed and active enforcement will be undertaken whenever the facility is in use. These areas are:
– Anywhere in and in front of the new seated stand.
– In front of the old stand extending down to the area behind both the home and away dugouts.
– The turnstiles and entrance area.
– The raised standing area at the hospitality suite.
We hope you understand the reasons for this ban extension and agree that it will lead to a more enjoyable experience at Dean Street.